We here in the blogger community love our challenges and awards, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that I’ve been nominated for yet another one of these little goodies. Thanks to Jean at As Seen on Jean for the nomination!
What follows is a set of 50 unusual questions that will let you, my delightful readers, to get to know me better. Hope you learn something new. If we have similar answers to any of these questions, make sure to let me know in the comments so we can be friends!
1. What’s Your Favorite Candle Scent?
I’m not much of a candle person. I’ve owned one, but I love to smell them at the store. My favorites are usually vanilla and watermelon. Yummy!
2. What Female Celebrity Do You Wish Was Your Sister?
I’d have to say either Scarlett Johansson or Jennifer Lawrence. I love both of their acting abilities and they’re just such down to earth people in real life.
3. What Male Celebrity Do You Wish Was Your Brother?
Hands down, Benedict Cumberbatch. Because Cumberbatch! He’s played Sherlock, Khan and so many more of my favorite TV characters! Plus he’s so dang hot!
4. How Old Do You Think You’ll Be When You Get Married?
Well, when I was younger I thought I’d be married by 23 at the latest, but always wondered what it’d be like to get married at like 18. Now that I’m older and not so dumb, I realize how badly I didn’t want to get married that young. So I compromised and got married at 20. It’s an almost chick flick kind of story (we dated for a month and were engaged for 3 months before getting married. If you’re interesting in hearing the whole story, let me know in the comments and I’ll add a post to my “About Me” page).
5. Do You Know A Horder?
Yes. I’ve got family on both sides who are horders and I’ve had friends who are horders too. And I don’t mean pack-rats who have a hard time letting go of things because of memories attached. That honestly isn’t close to true hording.
6. Can You Do The Splits?
Nope. My shoulders are super flexible, but my legs . . . not so much. I’ve always wanted to because I think being able to do the splits is super cool, but I’m never motivated enough to put the work in.
7. How Old Were You When You First Learned to Ride a Bike?
About 5 or 6, the typical age.
8. How Many Oceans Have You Swam In?
Two: the Atlantic ocean many times and the Pacific ocean on both sides of the equator! I lived in Oregon, USA and I traveled to Peru and swam with sea lions.
9. How Many Countries Have You Been To?
Three: USA, Canada and Peru. Though I desperately want to travel more.
10. Is Anyone In Your Family in the Army?
I have an uncle in the American Air Force and generations of family in the actual Army.
11. What Would You Name Your Daughter If You Had One?
I have a lot of names I love, most of them are vintage like Gertrude, Ophelia, Aphrodite, Lucy, Vivian, Lillian and Phoebe.
12. What Would You Name Your Son If You Had One?
After reading The Outsiders in middle school I’ve been in love with the name Johnney. I also love Scott, so I can call him Scottie, which may or may not be a Star Trek reference. I also love Xavier, which isn’t actually because of my love for X-Men. I liked the name before I saw the movies.
13. What’s the Worst Grade You Got On A Test?
I got a C once on a math test. That’s probably the worst I’ve ever done.
14. What Was Your Favorite TV Show When You Were a Kid?
Depends on what you classify as a kid. When I was under 8 years old I loved Dragon Tails, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, Dora the Explorer and Telly Tubbies. When I was 8-12 I loved the animated Jackie Chan series and the animated Red Wall, as well as Family Feud. Between 12-14, I loved Knight Rider, A-Team, McGyver and M*A*S*H.
15. What Did You Dress Up As For Halloween When You Were 8?
We didn’t celebrate Halloween at my house growing up. We’d have candy parties and stay up late watching our favorite movies, but we never really dressed up.
16. Have You Read Any of The Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight Series?
I read the first 3.5 books of Harry Potter as a teenager, but got bored of the story (before you hang me, you should know I didn’t grow up with Harry Potter like most people, so if when I read it for the first time as a teenage, I had a hard time really getting into the story. It’s very well written, but not my thing). I’ve read the entire Hunger Games series and never touched Twilight.
17. Would You Rather Have an American Accent or a British Accent?
This is a funny question because I’m American, but I have a lisp that most people think is a slight British accent. Any genuine British person I know is horrified by this fact, lol. So I guess I’d like to have a British accent, because I like the way they say things, plus then all those who think I have a slight British accent would be right.
18. Did Your Mother Go To University?
She did. She got her Associates degree and was working on her Bachelor’s when she met my dad.
19. Are Your Grandparents Still Married?
One set is, and one set got divorced decades ago.
20. Have You Ever Taken Karate Lessons?
A few times, but marshal arts aren’t my thing.
21. Do You Know Who Kermit The Frog Is?
22. What Was The First Amusement Park You Went Too?
23. What Language, Besides Your Native One, Would You Like To Be Fluent In?
I absolutely love languages so if I could, I’d want to speak them all! But my top 3 are sign language (ASL), Spanish and Swedish.
24. Do You Spell The Color Grey or Gray?
Grey, though I like the look of gray better.
25. Is Your Father Bald?
26. Do You Know Any Triplets?
I did for a few years growing up – 1 girl and 2 boys. They looked nothing like each other, complete with different hair colors (blond, brown and black).
27. Do You Prefer Titanic or The Notebook?
I’ve never seen or read the Notebook, so I can’t really compare. I’m not a big fan of Titanic, but I do love “Titanic, the Legend Goes On” – If you love horrible movies (as in poorly made) this is for you. It’s so horribly terrible it’s good.
28. Have You Ever Had Indian Food?
Yes, my family’s favorite recipe is a yellow rice dish (I don’t know what it’s called).
29. What’s The Name of Your Favorite Restaurant?
Thai by Thai! I love love LOVE Thai food!
30. Have You Ever Been to Nandos?
I’ve never heard of Nandos, so no.
31. Do You Belong To Any Warehouse Stores (Costco, Bookers, etc)?
No, but I love Costco.
32. What Would Your Parents Have Named You If You Were The Opposite Gender?
I haven’t a clue!
33. If You Have A Nickname, What Is It?
Maya, Micky (or Mcy) and Athena.
34. Who’s Your Favorite Person In The World?
My husband and my best friend, Iris.
35. Would You Rather Live In The Countryside Or The City?
The city all the way! I really don’t like country life. It’s fun to visit, but not to live in.
36. Can You Whistle?
37. Do You Sleep With A Nightlight?
38. Do You Eat Breakfast Every Morning?
I try to, but half the time I don’t have time for it.
39. Do You Take Any Pills or Medication Daily?
40. What Medical Condition Do You Have?
I’m lucky enough to not have any right now.
41. How Many Times Have You Been In The Hospital?
Only once for myself, but I’ve visited people in the hospital 3-4 times.
42. Have You Ever Seen Finding Nemo?
Yes, way too many times! One of my sisters was obsessed with it for a few months and watched it every. single. day.
43. Where Do You Buy Your Jeans?
It’s been so long since I last bought clothes . . . I get a lot of hand me down jeans from friends and I think the last time I bought jeans it was at Kohl’s.
44. What’s The Last Compliment You Got?
“Do you know you’re the most beautiful woman in the world and I’m so lucky to have you?” – my husband, this morning.
45. Do You Usually Remember Your Dreams In The Morning?
46. What Flavor Of Tea Do You Enjoy?
I’m not a tea drinker, so none.
47. How Many Pairs Of Shoes Do You Currently Own?
2 pairs of flats, 3 pairs of flip flops, 15 pairs of heels, 2 pairs of sneakers, 4 pairs of boots, 1 pair of snow boots and 2 pairs of slippers = 29 pairs of shoes.
48. What Religion Will You Raise to Practice?
I’m a devoted Christian, specifically I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, so I’ll raise my kids to be Christian.
49. How Old Were You When You First Found Out Santa Wasn’t Real?
My parents never told us Santa was real, so I’ve always known.
50. Why Do You Have A Blog?
This started as a school project for my content creation class, but I’ve loved it and I have a lot of friends and family that use my blog, so I plan to keep going because it’s helping people.
Below are the bloggers I’m nominating for this challenge. You must:
- Give a thank you to the person who nominated you (me!)
- Answer all 50 questions
- Nominate at least 10 other bloggers.
Jeet @ Chaai Coffee
Ayu @ Degustace
Muideen @ Tech Story
Asif @ Blogger Sea
Jimmy @ The Recovery Republic
Sienny @ Sienny Loves Drawing
Ajibade @ Talk2Lagos
Osama @ My Health Tips Pro
Nikki @ Nikki’s Talk
Harini @ Miss Talking Feet