This is my third nomination in a week! First the Blogger Recognition Award, the Liebster Award and now the Blue Sky Challenge. I’m so excited and honored to be recognized by so many incredible bloggers. Thanks to Lydia at www.empressing.com for nominating me! Check out her blog, she has a lot of great things to share.
For those of you who don’t know, the Blue Sky Challenge is an award given by fellow bloggers to some of their favorite blogs. As part of it, I answer 11 questions from my nominator, then I nominate 11 blogs that I love and they answer the 11 questions I have for them.
So without further to do, here are my answers to the 11 questions Lydia asked:
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
I was inspired after talking to a coworker who was telling me about her roommate, who was almost a senior in college, and still didn’t know how to clean or how to handle meat safely. I’ve heard and seen these issues a lot in college and it came to a point where I knew something needed to be done. I created this blog to help people learn the adulting skills they may not have been taught.
2. If You were to write a book about yourself, what would be the title?
They Call the Wind Mariah
3. What is your biggest achievement in life?
I’m young, so I haven’t done anything crazy yet, but I guess at this point I have two: first, I managed to maintain a 4.0 while taking 24 college credits and while being a part of my college dance team. Second, I have three jobs now that are all my dream jobs: copywriting where I create an entire online magazine for a university (Upward
) as well as 60% of their content, social media management (@fashionvideos
) and event management for TEDxRexburg.
4. How do you want to improve yourself next year?
I want to improve my health – particularly by exercising more. Because of my jobs, I spend a lot of my time at a desk and my posture is horrible now. I’d love to find more time to do some exercise and improve my posture. If you have any suggestions, let me know!
5. What is your biggest fear?
Disappointing the people I care about.
6. What do you do with your spare time?
Eat, spend time with my husband, write blog posts, play Skyrim and go out on the town.
7. In blogging, what is your ideal working environment?
A quiet room, sitting in my couch or at the kitchen table.
8. If you were given a million dollars today, what would be the first thing you’d buy?
First I’d pay off my student loans, then I’d go buy a milkshake.
9. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
“You’re dancing is like the plot of a Disney movie!” lol, I have no idea what that means, but it’s one of my favorite compliments.
10. Who has influenced you the most in blogging and how?
The book “New Rules of Marketing and PR” by David Meerman Scott. This is a great book I had to read for my content creation class and the blogging chapter has really helped me grow my blog quickly. He’s a professional blogger and he has some incredible advice.
11. Finally, If you were to be a famous singer, who would you be?
Taylor Swift – before I got married, I dated a lot of guys and went on hundreds of dates. I’ve got a lot of stories I could add to her song collections. My first song would be about this one guy who proposed to me on the first date (and I’d only known him for 6 days).
Now that you know more about me, here are my 11 blogger nominations:
- Deep into Chemistry
- Your Cat.Co
- Real Time Mom
- Ashwini’s Blog
- Creative Writing of a Teenage Aspergian
- Sports Never Sleep
- Yazilim Bilimi
- Travels with Kimmie
- Down the Rabbit Hole
Congrats guys! I love your posts and I love your work! Now here’s what you need to do:
- Write a post that includes everything listed below
- Thank you to the person who nominated you (that’d be me!)
- Answer the 11 questions I ask (you’ll find them below)
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask those bloggers 11 new questions
Make sure to leave me a comment on this post so I can read through you answers! I can’t wait to learn more about you guys!
Here are you questions:
- What is the last lie you told?
- What makes the perfect pizza?
- What’s the one food you would never eat no matter what people paid you?
- What question do you hate to answer?
- What cheers you up?
- What’s better: dance, sculptures or movies?
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve eaten?
- Top 5 favorite songs.
- What is the worst job you’ve ever had?
- What is your current goal?
- How many times have hid from the people around you so you wouldn’t have to share food?